Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Nomad Nomad is offline

Default Search, how do I keep same search item without retyping

Using Start search, how do I keep the same search item in the box without
retyping it when the file I check is not the correct file?
--
Nomad
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you don't close the Find panel before you open the next document,
the search item shouldn't change. And it seems that if it found the
item at least once in the first document, the item is retained until
you change it and you can click the double-arrows below the vertical
scroll bar in your other document(s).

On Jan 12, 10:54*pm, nomad wrote:
Using Start search, how do I keep the same search item in the box without
retyping it when the file I check is not the correct file?
--
Nomad

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

The "Find what" box has a dropdown arrow at the right hand side. Previous
searches should be remembered and presented in the list if you click the
arrow.

--
Enjoy,
Tony