Les8500

Default Typing any capital letter it always starts new line. Why?

When typing a sentence with any word requiring a capital
A, such as avenue or
Nancy in a name or address, it always starts a new line or if on the
internet it reverts back to the previous page.

Note that in the first sentenance where I used a capital a and n it started
a new line. I had to use the small a while explaining this.

What do I do to correct this?
Doug Robbins

Are you sure that you aren't hitting the Shift and Enter keys at the same
time? What happens if you use the Caps Lock key instead of the Shift key?

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Les8500" wrote in message
When typing a sentence with any word requiring a capital
A, such as avenue or
Nancy in a name or address, it always starts a new line or if on the
internet it reverts back to the previous page.

Note that in the first sentenance where I used a capital a and n it
started
a new line. I had to use the small a while explaining this.

What do I do to correct this?

Les8500

No that is not the problem. I have a new M45-S165 Toshiba laptop and the
enter is only by the right shift key. I almost always use the left hand shift
key, being right handed and a hunt and peck typist.

You Can See That It Is Only The a and n That Does This and I
Now (note where this n in now is located) Find That It Is Only When I Use
The Left Hand Shift Key. This Nancy, was an N with the right shift key. It
worked fine.
This
A was with the left key. You can see where it moved to. There is no problem
if I use all caps. Thanks for your interest. Les

"Les8500" wrote in message
When typing a sentence with any word requiring a capital
A, such as avenue or
Nancy in a name or address, it always starts a new line or if on the
internet it reverts back to the previous page.

Note that in the first sentenance where I used a capital a and n it
started
a new line. I had to use the small a while explaining this.

What do I do to correct this?

Jay Freedman

Because this occurs in Internet Explorer (as I can tell from your posting
headers) and isn't just a problem in Word, I suspect it's a hardware
problem -- either in the keyboard itself or in the circuitry that translates
keypresses into signals for the CPU. As it's a new laptop, I think you have
a reason to request a repair under the warranty.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

"Les8500" wrote in message
When typing a sentence with any word requiring a capital
A, such as avenue or
Nancy in a name or address, it always starts a new line or if on the
internet it reverts back to the previous page.

Note that in the first sentenance where I used a capital a and n it
started
a new line. I had to use the small a while explaining this.

What do I do to correct this?

Les8500

Jay, thank you. You may be right. I'm visiting family in Dallas. When I get
home I will take it in for warranty repair. Thanks again for your suggestion
on my computer problem. Enjoy the rest of your Labor Day Holiday. Les