ReneeR

Default automate customized footers

I have a manual that needs customized numbering in the footers. The first
page of each chapter begins with a blank cover page, following sequential
numbering of pages and so forth. I know how to insert section breaks and set
the numbering. The problem is that each chapter continues its numbering from
the chapter before. When I start a new chapter I cannot use the same as
above option because it picks up the blank chapter cover page with no
numbering or it will count it depending on the settings. What I have done so
far. While in Footers, click page format and set to start at whatever number
is next. This works fine until an additional page needs to be inserted and
then I have to go back and reset the start number for each chapter. Is there
any way to automate this?

If I may make a suggestion, the insertion of pages, even blank ones, that
are not numbered, is a mistake. People expect to be able to count pages
reliably. A blank page following page 3 should be page 4 (even if there is
no number printed on the page), and the next page after that should be page
5. If you follow publishing convention on this score, your job will be much
easier.