Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
stephen stephen is offline

Default I want to make a number appear to be to a certain power

Using Microsoft Word, I would like to make a chemical formula (i.e. H2O) but
the problem is I can't figure out how to make the number smaller and to be
offset to the bottom of the equation. Also making a number to a certain
"power" (ie 3 to the 8th power would be 300000000)
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

A small number lower than the baseline is called a "subscript", and
one above the baseline is called a "superscript". You can apply this
formatting to any selected character(s) by going to Format Font and
checking the appropriate box. There are keyboard shortcuts, too: the
Ctrl and = keys together for subscript, or Ctrl and Shift and =
together for superscript.

For completeness, there are some special characters in most fonts for
the first few numbers, such as ² and ³, and the Arial Unicode and
Lucida Sans Unicode fonts have full sets of all the digits in both
superscript and subscript. See
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Genera...tSpecChars.htm.

--
Regards,