Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Lisa - frustrated Claims Adjuster Lisa - frustrated Claims Adjuster is offline

Default Problem with Dating a document in WORD

We use a web-based application (CS Stars) that attaches WORD templates to
files. The problem we're encountering is that we need WORD to update the
template to reflect the date that the template is opened, capture/save it to
the file we're attaching it to with the current date, but NOT update that
field the next time the document is opened. (We need the attached document to
reflect the date the letter was sent to the customer regardless of when we
open it) I'm currently using the "print date", but the problem is that the
template is attached to the file at the moment the application print button
is selected and not when the document is actually printed so when you look at
the document, you see "xxxx-xxxxx". Any help is GREATLY appreciated!!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

In the template you should use a CREATEDATE field. That field will then
display the day upon which a document is created from that template and it
will not change from that date.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Word 2000 auto dating Tony Page Layout 2 May 18th 08 01:36 AM
Dating in documents Craig New Users 7 November 14th 06 05:48 PM
Multi Auto Dating Single Document Lindsey Microsoft Word Help 1 August 17th 06 06:28 PM
Back dating a document Joe Microsoft Word Help 2 June 7th 06 02:34 PM