disable tge warning about email safety in mail merge

Old July 3rd 08, 11:01 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Suze

Default disable tge warning about email safety in mail merge

I am sending an email to many by mnail merge and when I start the mailmerge
I gert a warning about the programme accessing my email addresses. I have to
check the box to allow access for 10 minutes and then check to allow to
access each of the email adresses. This is taking ages as I have 2,000 to
send out.

How can I automatically allow access to all - or turn off the warning in
some way?
Old July 3rd 08, 01:00 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Peter Jamieson

1. For Word versions prior to 2007, there's a free utility called Express
Clickyes that answers this dialog for you - see
http://www.contextmagic.com/express-clickyes/

2. However, they charge for their "Pro" version that works with 2007

3. If you use the HTML format merge to email you will probably be able to
avoid these messages. (No, I don't understand why the potentially more
dangerous HTML mail is allowed through).

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

Old July 3rd 08, 05:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Rayashe

I have this same annoying 'problem'. Surely Microsoft should have a fix for
this issue between their two programs and not expect us to spend more on
another program to run their software more efficiently? Unless they have
shares in Express-Clickyes.......????????

Old July 3rd 08, 08:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Peter Jamieson

I agree that it is annoying. Unfortunately,
a. this dialog box was introduced to make it more difficult for malware to
send e-mails automatically using the addressbook in Outlook. So it is a
"fix" for another problem.
b. I imagine there is a lot of discussion on the web about whether /that/
problem could have been avoided in the first place and/or whether it could
have been fixed in a less irritating way. I imagine it probably could, but
I'm not going to start adding to that discussion here, mainly because...
c. I don't work for Microsoft and can't do anything to change the
situation.

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk