Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Chuck Chuck is offline

Default Report (Equity theme) Template for Word 2007

I downloaded a template that I want to use for a report I need to write.
When I click on the section where the Headings and Text are in the text
format box (?) it selects all the data. If I try to type, I loose all
formating including the layout for the page. A Flag at the top of the Format
box says "Type the Body of the the Report"

How do I edit the text in this format box and keep the page layout ?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Chuck,

The Report tempate
(Office Button=New=Reports=uses the Office 2007 'Equity' look theme and makes available in the galleries such as
'Insert=Header' a specific set of 'themed' headers to use.

In the spots in that template that have 'Type [something] here', the template uses 'content controls', which are new to Word 2007.
The templates in this case are layout samples for page formatting and colors rather than similar looking Word templates such as
those for newsletters that work in pre-2007 versions as well as in Word 2007.

The sample content in Report (Equity Theme) body is basically just a set of place holders. When you start typing (or paste your
already created text from another document, the sample is zapped to be replaced by your content. When you type into a one line item
such as 'Document Title', it doesn't make a big jump visually, but in the case of the 'Type the body of the report' content control,
watching an entire page and a captioned picture go away with one key press can be a bit disconcerting If you paste your typed
content in to the report layout shell from another source it should generally flow with less of a visual 'what just happened' impact

--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP