Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gerard Gerard is offline

Default How do I unfreeze Word Options so I can scroll below Popular?

Hi.

I want to change some of my Word Options. I can get the Options menu up and
amend any of the option on the openning ("popular") screen, but that is as
far as I can get. Neither the mouse, arrow, or page down buttons work. Thanks
for any advice.

Gerard
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

It seems likely that the Word data key in the registry is corrupt. If you
rename the key Word will create a new one
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\W ord\Data

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gerard Gerard is offline

Thanks, Graham.

On looking through the different posts, I have discovered that quite a few
people have had the same issue. For future readers, here are the instructions
from another post so you know how to follow Graham's advice...

To resolve this problem, delete the
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\W ord\Data registry subkey.
To do this, follow these steps:
1. Exit all Office programs.
2. Click Start button
3. type regedit in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.

If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation,
type the password, or click Continue.
4. Locate and then click the following registry subkey:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\W ord\Data
5. On the Edit menu, click Delete, and then click Yes.
6. Exit Registry Editor.
7. Restart Word.