Auto-populate a MS Word table cell with text from a diff cell?

Old March 20th 09, 08:56 PM
dreamrthts dreamrthts is offline

Red face Auto-populate a MS Word table cell with text from a diff cell?

I have a table in Microsoft Word with three columns. Is it possible to "program" the cells of the 2nd and 3rd columns to contain exactly the same text from the cells of the 1st column? I'm looking for a way to do this without copying and pasting. The 1st column will be updated frequently, and the 2nd and 3rd need to automatically update themselves to match. Is this something I would use cell References for? I'm unfamiliar with how they work. Thanks.