How do I set up a program for a play?

Old November 1st 07, 08:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jennie R

Default How do I set up a program for a play?

Using 8.5x11 paper, folded in half and printed on each half of the paper. I
tried using columns, but it doesn't seem to be working. I also need to
insert a picture on the front.
Old November 1st 07, 09:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

If you have Word 2002 or above, you can use the "Book fold" feature. For
earlier versions, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...etPrinting.htm. But note that if
this is just for the front and back of a single sheet of paper, I wouldn't
bother with any kind of booklet. I do these all the time, and I *do* use
columns. You have to put pages 2 and 3 on the first page and 4 and 1 on the
second. Naturally, this works well only if you don't need page 1 to flow to
page 2 (that is, it is really just a cover). For more on columns, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/UsingColumns.htm. The advantage of
columns over other solutions (table, text boxes, etc.) is that you can put
just about anything in a column that you can put in a full page (tables,
tabs, wrapped graphics, etc.).

I use three different kinds of layout for play/dance programs. For cast
lists (where there is a single actor/dancer for each part) I use
right-aligned tabs (character name on the left, actor/dancer name on the
right). For small groups of dancers, I still make them right-aligned
(inserting line breaks and tabs as needed to make more than one line), but
for larger groups (as in dance recitals, where all the dancers for a class
are listed together), I put the dance title centered on one line and the
names of the dancers in a centered paragraph below (first and last name
separated by a nonbreaking space and names separated by an em space so that
the lines break naturally).

For the production credits I usually use a centered arrangement, with a
right-aligned tab stop just left of the center of the panel and a
left-aligned tab stop just to the right of it (separated by about 1/4"). I
then put, say, Lighting or Props on the left and the name(s) of those
responsible on the right, again using line breaks and tabs as necessary to
add additional lines.

How to play Macros? DDLake New Users 2 April 13th 06 11:36 PM
Video demos won't play txdebee Microsoft Word Help 1 March 7th 06 07:38 PM
Possible To Embed A WMA Into A Word Doc So It Will Play Anywhere? Curtis M. Microsoft Word Help 0 October 22nd 05 05:25 AM
how can I play CD while using Word? LRH Microsoft Word Help 1 May 10th 05 10:28 AM