Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Veera Veera is offline

Default Editing Password protected form fields in Word 2007

We have created a Word document with a legacy text form field. We inserted a
word date field and protected the document allowing Filling in Forms. After
protecting the document when we try going to the form field and clicking on
back space to delete the entry we get "This is not a valid selection" message
box.

We have existing word documents in 2003 with similar form fields. We were
able to delete the entries and add new data. After converting the documents
to 2007 or create new documents in 2007 and try to delete the entries we get
the above error.