Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beckie

Default How do I set up to view two windows in MS Word 2000 at the same t.

Does MS Word 2000 or XP MS Word, have the capability to view two documents at
the same time and work at it? I've tried to use the split and it is not what
I thought it was. I would like to work at it vertically. Two windows
side-by-side in word. Not in Access, Excel, or powerpoint. WordPerfect has
that cability as I was informed. Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

Beckie wrote:
Does MS Word 2000 or XP MS Word, have the capability to view two
documents at the same time and work at it? I've tried to use the
split and it is not what I thought it was. I would like to work at
it vertically. Two windows side-by-side in word. Not in Access,
Excel, or powerpoint. WordPerfect has that cability as I was
informed. Thanks

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...Vertically.htm for Word
2000.

You can do the same in Word 2002 (XP) or later if you first go to Tools
Options View and uncheck "Windows in Taskbar". If you prefer to have a
completely separate window (with menus and toolbars) for each document,
leave "Windows in Taskbar" checked, and then right-click a blank area of the
Windows taskbar and select "Tile Windows Vertically".

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

how do i set up template in vbeditor without proggramming language ARRRGH New Users 4 October 1st 05 03:19 AM
Envelope Address GR New Users 5 April 24th 05 09:48 PM
Wordperfect Office 2000 conversion to Word 2003 MikeE New Users 1 March 21st 05 12:04 AM
Find File with Word 2000 & XP Steve Microsoft Word Help 10 March 10th 05 01:03 AM