Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
degas1900 degas1900 is offline

Default Convert text to comment

I'm sure there's any easy answer to this, but I sure can't find it. I want
to highlight a line of text and convert it to a comment. How do I do this?
In WP, I just highlight and click once on the menu. Our office uses Office
2003.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

I don't know how WP handles comments, however Word brackets the text and
opens the comment dialog for you to enter your comment.
If you want the selected text to appear in the comment dialog, then the
following macro will modify the behaviour of the insert caption function to
provide that

Sub InsertAnnotation()
Selection.Copy
Selection.Comments.Add Range:=Selection.Range
Selection.PasteAndFormat (wdPasteDefault)
End Sub

degas1900 wrote:
I'm sure there's any easy answer to this, but I sure can't find it.
I want to highlight a line of text and convert it to a comment. How
do I do this? In WP, I just highlight and click once on the menu.
Our office uses Office 2003.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
degas1900 degas1900 is offline

Sorry--I'm looking for a easy answer (like a menu option). I don't want to
make more work for myself like creating a macro.