Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
BC BC is offline

Default insertion point problems

Hello, I have recently started using Word 2007. I am a long time MS Word user
though. The problem I have is that after pasting text, the insertion point
moves to the beginning of the pasted text, rather than the end. This is most
frustrating. I would appreciate any assistance regarding making the insertion
point appear after pasted text.

Thanks for your help.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

I can't get Word 2007 to do what you're seeing. I wonder if there might be a
registry glitch or if an add-in is running interference. I've tried various
settings, but I can't force Word to do what you're seeing. The insertion
point is always at the end of the pasted text.

What happens if you start Word in Safe Mode? Press Ctrl as Word is starting,
and click Yes to safe mode.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"BC" wrote in message
Hello, I have recently started using Word 2007. I am a long time MS Word
user
though. The problem I have is that after pasting text, the insertion point
moves to the beginning of the pasted text, rather than the end. This is
most
frustrating. I would appreciate any assistance regarding making the
insertion
point appear after pasted text.

Thanks for your help.

insertion point simonsur Microsoft Word Help 4 January 3rd 09 06:01 PM
text insertion point changed from vertical line to point, yuk. Dave Thomas Microsoft Word Help 2 September 17th 08 12:50 PM
Insertion point George[_2_] Microsoft Word Help 3 June 1st 08 05:29 PM
Insertion point artnlsn New Users 5 October 25th 06 12:31 AM
insertion point pmc Microsoft Word Help 2 December 28th 05 06:39 AM