Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
davidrafky davidrafky is offline

Default Tracking Edits

I admit it....I'm going crazy with those pesky tracking edits --- those thin
redlines and boxes!

What I want to do is get rid of them so that not only will they be invisible
TO ME AND EVERYONE ELSE I send the document to. I want them gone forever so
noone can retrieve them.

I am using Word 2002.

I also have a Q on another issue -- but I will include that in a separate
post.

Thanks.

Dave Rafky
Miami, Florida

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
DeanH DeanH is offline

You must Accept or Reject all of them in the document, then you can turn of
Track Changes, and they will be gone for ever!
Turning off Track Changes, as you have found, only hides them.
There are options to Accept All changes in the document as well as Reject
All changes in the document, if you are brave enough to not do them
individually :-)
Hope this helps
DeanH

"davidrafky" wrote:

I admit it....I'm going crazy with those pesky tracking edits --- those thin
redlines and boxes!

What I want to do is get rid of them so that not only will they be invisible
TO ME AND EVERYONE ELSE I send the document to. I want them gone forever so
noone can retrieve them.

I am using Word 2002.

I also have a Q on another issue -- but I will include that in a separate
post.

Thanks.

Dave Rafky
Miami, Florida

Change name and date for edits in tracking mode? DLCrossman Microsoft Word Help 1 August 19th 06 02:35 AM
why does vote tracking stop tracking after about 24 hours Clicker Microsoft Word Help 1 June 24th 06 07:35 AM
Word 2003 Tracking inactive but Word continuos tracking changes andre Microsoft Word Help 2 June 7th 06 06:20 PM
Too many edits LYA Microsoft Word Help 1 April 28th 05 05:09 PM
Tracking edits/chenges prior to Word 2003 Andy Microsoft Word Help 1 March 31st 05 03:46 PM