Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
ShyShark ShyShark is offline

Default MOVING TEXT

I AM WRITING A BOOK AND AM WELL INTO IT BUT ... THERE ARE LINES OR
PARAGRAPHS THAT I WOULD LIKE TO MOVE ...
EG:
10 PARAGRAPHS ARE COMPLETE BUT I WOULD LIKE TO TAKE PARAGRAPH 8 AND SLIP IT
BETWEEN 3 AND 4.
I CAN'T BELIEVE IT ISN'T POSSIBLE ... I JUST CAN'T FIGURE OUT HOW TO DO IT

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

There are probably a thousand ways to do it and I am surprised that you
cannot find just one of them. But this is my favourite...

Triple-click anywhere in the paragraph to select it. Then click on the
selected paragraph and drag & drop it when you want it to appear OR

Triple-click to select the paragraph, Ctrl+X to cut the paragraph, click the
cursor to where you want it to appear and Ctrl+K to paste it there.

I expect other users will tell you their (different) favourite ways to quick
move a paragraph too.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"ShyShark" wrote in message
I AM WRITING A BOOK AND AM WELL INTO IT BUT ... THERE ARE LINES OR
PARAGRAPHS THAT I WOULD LIKE TO MOVE ...
EG:
10 PARAGRAPHS ARE COMPLETE BUT I WOULD LIKE TO TAKE PARAGRAPH 8 AND SLIP
IT
BETWEEN 3 AND 4.
I CAN'T BELIEVE IT ISN'T POSSIBLE ... I JUST CAN'T FIGURE OUT HOW TO DO IT

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jonathan Boyko Jonathan Boyko is offline

Ehlo ShyShark,
A BIT OFF-SUBJECT, BUT I AM GLAD YOU ARE WRITING THOSE IN ALL CAPITALS. IN
REALLY CONVEYS YOUR MESSAGE.

---
Sincerely,
Jonathan M. Boyko,
TMidEast.Com.

S I AM WRITING A BOOK AND AM WELL INTO IT BUT ... THERE ARE LINES OR
S PARAGRAPHS THAT I WOULD LIKE TO MOVE ...
S EG:
S 10 PARAGRAPHS ARE COMPLETE BUT I WOULD LIKE TO TAKE PARAGRAPH 8 AND
S SLIP IT
S BETWEEN 3 AND 4.
S I CAN'T BELIEVE IT ISN'T POSSIBLE ... I JUST CAN'T FIGURE OUT HOW TO
S DO IT

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Dave Symes Dave Symes is offline

In article ,
Jonathan Boyko wrote:
Ehlo ShyShark, A BIT OFF-SUBJECT, BUT I AM GLAD YOU ARE WRITING THOSE IN
ALL CAPITALS. IN REALLY CONVEYS YOUR MESSAGE.

---
Sincerely,
Jonathan M. Boyko,
TMidEast.Com.

I guess the book is for little children, thus all in caps. ;-(

Dave

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

No - it's for people who are hard of hearing. He has to YELL it so they can
hear it.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Dave Symes" wrote in message
In article ,
Jonathan Boyko wrote:
Ehlo ShyShark, A BIT OFF-SUBJECT, BUT I AM GLAD YOU ARE WRITING THOSE IN
ALL CAPITALS. IN REALLY CONVEYS YOUR MESSAGE.

---
Sincerely,
Jonathan M. Boyko,
TMidEast.Com.

I guess the book is for little children, thus all in caps. ;-(

Dave

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Luc Luc is offline

ShyShark,
What the others said but also, click in the paragraph/or select if several
paragraphs are involved, press Alt+shift+arrow up/down till the paragraph is
where it should be.

--

Luc Sanders
MVP - PowerPoint

"ShyShark" schreef in bericht
I AM WRITING A BOOK AND AM WELL INTO IT BUT ... THERE ARE LINES OR
PARAGRAPHS THAT I WOULD LIKE TO MOVE ...
EG:
10 PARAGRAPHS ARE COMPLETE BUT I WOULD LIKE TO TAKE PARAGRAPH 8 AND SLIP
IT
BETWEEN 3 AND 4.
I CAN'T BELIEVE IT ISN'T POSSIBLE ... I JUST CAN'T FIGURE OUT HOW TO DO IT

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Charles W Davis[_2_] Charles W Davis[_2_] is offline

I felt bad when I learned that the individual typing in upper case was a
veteran using his only remainin finger...
"JoAnn Paules" wrote in message
No - it's for people who are hard of hearing. He has to YELL it so they
can hear it.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Dave Symes" wrote in message
In article ,
Jonathan Boyko wrote:
Ehlo ShyShark, A BIT OFF-SUBJECT, BUT I AM GLAD YOU ARE WRITING THOSE IN
ALL CAPITALS. IN REALLY CONVEYS YOUR MESSAGE.

---
Sincerely,
Jonathan M. Boyko,
TMidEast.Com.

I guess the book is for little children, thus all in caps. ;-(

Dave

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

That I don't follow that argument. It is just as easy to take off the Caps
lock and type in all lower case - which is FAR easier to read. In fact, it
saves a keystroke (the Caps lock key) so it is easier.

Terry

"Charles W Davis" wrote in message
I felt bad when I learned that the individual typing in upper case was a
veteran using his only remainin finger...
"JoAnn Paules" wrote in message
No - it's for people who are hard of hearing. He has to YELL it so they
can hear it.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Dave Symes" wrote in message
In article ,
Jonathan Boyko wrote:
Ehlo ShyShark, A BIT OFF-SUBJECT, BUT I AM GLAD YOU ARE WRITING THOSE
IN
ALL CAPITALS. IN REALLY CONVEYS YOUR MESSAGE.

---
Sincerely,
Jonathan M. Boyko,
TMidEast.Com.

I guess the book is for little children, thus all in caps. ;-(

Dave

Text boxes keep moving after Format:Text Box:Layout:Advanced: Art Gover Page Layout 0 January 27th 09 08:30 PM
Moving Text williamr Page Layout 1 May 11th 07 07:00 PM
moving a text box JSpence2003 Microsoft Word Help 3 August 12th 06 10:48 AM
Add form fields to existing text w/o moving the text SiggyD Page Layout 1 August 2nd 06 04:33 PM
Make text show after moving text box over it? Lechusas Microsoft Word Help 2 November 2nd 05 03:53 AM