Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Mrs. Johnny Taylor Mrs. Johnny Taylor is offline

Default How do you "Create a Title Page" in word for Office 2007?

I am workong on a Capstone Exercise from Office 2007, on one of the
exercises , "Adding Style, one of the first thing that they ask for is to
"Create a Title_ Page_1 with these formats: 22-point size, Shadow font
effect, character spacing expanded, and so on, my thing is ,I don't know what
they mead or how to create a "Title Page", can anyone help me with this.
Thank-you
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Virtually every book I have read has a title page. Just copy one. They don't
mean anything special, just a bog standard title page.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Mrs. Johnny Taylor" Mrs. Johnny wrote in
message ...
I am workong on a Capstone Exercise from Office 2007, on one of the
exercises , "Adding Style, one of the first thing that they ask for is to
"Create a Title_ Page_1 with these formats: 22-point size, Shadow font
effect, character spacing expanded, and so on, my thing is ,I don't know
what
they mead or how to create a "Title Page", can anyone help me with this.
Thank-you

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

I think it's a matter of poor writing on the part of the exercise author. Given
the context ("Adding a Style"), the request is probably to create a style,
rather than to create a title page. That is, open the New Style dialog; name the
style "Title_Page_1" (which is a strange but legal name for a style); and give
it the required formatting characteristics.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Mon, 27 Jul 2009 22:27:15 +0100, "Terry Farrell"
wrote:

Virtually every book I have read has a title page. Just copy one. They don't
mean anything special, just a bog standard title page.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Mrs. Johnny Taylor" Mrs. Johnny wrote in
message ...
I am workong on a Capstone Exercise from Office 2007, on one of the
exercises , "Adding Style, one of the first thing that they ask for is to
"Create a Title_ Page_1 with these formats: 22-point size, Shadow font
effect, character spacing expanded, and so on, my thing is ,I don't know
what
they mead or how to create a "Title Page", can anyone help me with this.
Thank-you

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com is offline

Since this is a W2007 course, maybe the course writer is expecting the
student to look into using a building block, such as one of the cover pages
listed in the building blocks organizer. Unlike in bookwork, in pamphlets,
business documents, and such, the terms "cover page" and "title page" are
sometimes used interchangeably.

Pam

Jay Freedman wrote:
I think it's a matter of poor writing on the part of the exercise author. Given
the context ("Adding a Style"), the request is probably to create a style,
rather than to create a title page. That is, open the New Style dialog; name the
style "Title_Page_1" (which is a strange but legal name for a style); and give
it the required formatting characteristics.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all
may benefit.

Virtually every book I have read has a title page. Just copy one. They don't
mean anything special, just a bog standard title page.

[quoted text clipped - 6 lines]
they mead or how to create a "Title Page", can anyone help me with this.
Thank-you

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Kara the Computer Tutor[_2_] Kara the Computer Tutor[_2_] is offline

How about this idea:

1. Open a blank page, and type something on it.
2. Highlight the text and enlarge it to 22 points.
3. On the Home tab, in the Font group, click on the Font dialog box. It's
located in the lower right-hand corner of the box, and looks like a tiny
square with an arrow in it.
4. In the Font tab, in the Effects section, check the box next to "Shadow."
5. On the Character Spacing tab, click the dropdown box next to "Spacing,"
and choose Expanded.
5. Click OK.

To save the style:
1. Make sure it's highlighted.
2. On the Home tab, on the Styles group, click the "More" dropdown arrow on
the right.
3. Click on "Save Selection as New Quick Style" in the box that pops up.
4. Type Title_Page_1, and click OK

Hope that helps!
--
Kara