Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
mocha99 mocha99 is offline

Default Find and Replace usability issue

Hi all,

is there any way I can lock the Find and replace window somewhere on the
screen? Every time I click FIND the windows moves around on the screen
and I have to "chase" the FIND button at every click.

It's time-consuming and not efficient IMHO.

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Unfortunately it is not 'dockable', but I don't have any problems with it
moving. By default, it will jump out of the way if you have clicked 'Find
Next' and the word falls beneath the dialog's current position. But that
hardly matters because just pressing 'F' on the keyboard activates Find Next
again. There's no need to keep using the mouse as 'F' is so much simpler
than the mouse.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP