Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Sparkle 101 Sparkle 101 is offline

Default how do i convert word document to bitmap

Pleease tell me how to convert document to bitmap.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Dave Symes Dave Symes is offline

In article ,
Sparkle 101 Sparkle wrote:

Pleease tell me how to convert document to bitmap.

Might it not be more useful to convert it to a PDF?

Dave

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Download the free graphics utility IrfanView and install it. Open your
document in Word, selectall (Ctrl+A) and Copy (Ctrl+C), then open IrfanView
and Paste (Ctrl+V). Use SaveAs and choose Windows Bitmap (BMP). You can do
something similar with Windows Paint, but IrfanView is so good you'll find
it good for many other graphics editing tasks too.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Sparkle 101" Sparkle wrote in message
Pleease tell me how to convert document to bitmap.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
newsletters newsletters is offline

On 30 Mai, 21:03, Dave Symes wrote:
In article ,
* *Sparkle 101 Sparkle wrote:

Pleease tell me how to convert document to bitmap.

Might it not be more useful to convert it to a PDF?

Dave

--

Hi Dave,
I had the same problem and I found the PDF-solution was the best way:

First convert your .doc to pdf with a pdf-tool (probably a printer
driver).
You can use any pdf-tool, it does not have to be Adobe. I am using
PDFCreator,
got it for free with my Canon scanner.

Then open the pdf file with a drawing program that can handle pdf.
I am using Photoshop Elements and it works perfectly. I am sure there
are
some other graphics programs that can do the same job.
If you need the bitmap file for printing, be sure to set the suitable
resolution
when opening the file (maybe 600 dpi, but in most cases 300 dpi will
be ok).

Save the result in the desired format.

I tried several other ways, without going the detour over pdf, but
none of them
delivered reliable results, especially when the word document
contained
tables or frames.

Greetings from Munich, Germany

Mathias