Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
uthinkimblonde?[_2_] uthinkimblonde?[_2_] is offline

Default font

How can I change the way my discussion group page shows. At present the font
size is very small and the print is very very pale turquoise that I can't see.

Any help would be appreciated

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

It helps to know what you are using to read the discussion. If it is IE,
then click on the SIZE button (the button face is the double, linked AA
symbol) and choose a larger size.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"uthinkimblonde?" wrote in
message ...
How can I change the way my discussion group page shows. At present the
font
size is very small and the print is very very pale turquoise that I can't
see.

Any help would be appreciated

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon[_4_] Gordon[_4_] is offline

"uthinkimblonde?" wrote in
message ...
Sorry, I'm using Firefox

Do yourself a BIG favour and ditch the horrible web interface. Use a news
reader instead.

Setting up Outlook Express/Windows Mail to access Microsoft newsgroups
http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/ou...snewreader.htm

Accessing the MS newsgroups in Outlook Express/Windows Mail Newsreader
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/e...roupsetup.mspx

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Dave Symes Dave Symes is offline

In article ,
Gordon wrote:

"uthinkimblonde?" wrote in
message ...
Sorry, I'm using Firefox

Do yourself a BIG favour and ditch the horrible web interface. Use a
news reader instead.

Setting up Outlook Express/Windows Mail to access Microsoft newsgroups
http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/ou...snewreader.htm

Accessing the MS newsgroups in Outlook Express/Windows Mail Newsreader
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/e...roupsetup.mspx

Steady on there...
Word might be one of the better MS products (Excel IMV is best) but
suggesting Outlook Express, that is a very low blow.

As the OP is already using Firefox, they might as well go for Thunderbird.

Dave

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon[_4_] Gordon[_4_] is offline

"Dave Symes" wrote in message
In article ,
Gordon wrote:

"uthinkimblonde?" wrote in
message ...
Sorry, I'm using Firefox

Do yourself a BIG favour and ditch the horrible web interface. Use a
news reader instead.

Setting up Outlook Express/Windows Mail to access Microsoft newsgroups
http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/ou...snewreader.htm

Accessing the MS newsgroups in Outlook Express/Windows Mail Newsreader
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/e...roupsetup.mspx

Steady on there...
Word might be one of the better MS products (Excel IMV is best) but
suggesting Outlook Express, that is a very low blow.

As the OP is already using Firefox, they might as well go for Thunderbird.

true but as the OP is almost certainly using Windows, it's better to let
them start with a Newsreader on something they already have installed....

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

On 7/18/09 8:36 AM, in article
, "Gordon"
wrote:

"Dave Symes" wrote in message
In article ,
Gordon wrote:

"uthinkimblonde?" wrote in
message ...
Sorry, I'm using Firefox

Do yourself a BIG favour and ditch the horrible web interface. Use a
news reader instead.

Setting up Outlook Express/Windows Mail to access Microsoft newsgroups
http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/ou...snewreader.htm

Accessing the MS newsgroups in Outlook Express/Windows Mail Newsreader
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/e...roupsetup.mspx

Steady on there...
Word might be one of the better MS products (Excel IMV is best) but
suggesting Outlook Express, that is a very low blow.

As the OP is already using Firefox, they might as well go for Thunderbird.

true but as the OP is almost certainly using Windows, it's better to let
them start with a Newsreader on something they already have installed....

.... And [IMHO] *any* newsreader is better than the deplorable web UI ‹ what
they've done on Mactopia's Forums is even worse.

I've used both OE & WinMail for years and, although they certainly aren't
optimal for anyone who lives in the newsgroups, they're both quite
functional for the less frequent visitor... Just my 2¢ :-)

Regards |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

In Firefox, the text is enlarged with the shortcut Ctrl++ (and shrunk using
Ctrl+- or Reset using Ctrl+0). If you don't want the graphics - only the
text - to enlarge, you can change the option under the View | Zoom menu and
choose Zoom Text Only.

Terry

"uthinkimblonde?" wrote in
message ...