tramboy tramboy is offline
Junior Member

Default Styles and Bullets

Hello Everyone,

I've set up a style on a template which creates a shaded, numbered box that expands with the more I type or paste into it.

It works great until I try to paste bulleted text into it eg:

"The applicant must demonstrate how the proposal will ensure the long term survival of substantial areas of existing mature vegetation within Stage 23, 24A, 24B and 25. There are a number of good practice examples to consider, including the following

•Certification by the Arborist stating that all engineering plans have been sited and taken into consideration in the Arborist assessment.
•Certification by the Principal Engineer stating that all Arborist plans have been sited and taken into consideration in the engineering design."

This really messes up the formatting of the box; it either pastes outside the box or cometimes creates a new, different shaped box altogether.

Is there any way to bullet text inside this box?

Sorry the explanation was a bit wonky but this is driving me abso-fricking-lutely insane
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Is this inside a Text Box, a Form Field box or a single cell table (which is
probably the best way to do what you are describing)?

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"tramboy" wrote in message

[...]

tramboy tramboy is offline
Junior Member

It's none of those things. (I think)

This is my formatting:

tramboy tramboy is offline
Junior Member

It's none of those things. (I think)

This is my formatting:

here is the 'box' befo

and here it is after I try to insert bullets:

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com is offline

If you can allow the bullets to start on the margin (I mean if you can or
want to move the indent of the bullet paragraphs back to the page margin)
and if the bullet's paragraph style is the same as the base paragraph's, you
can get the single shaded box that you want. Otherwise, you should consider
using a table or a text box.

PamC

[image: http://i26.tinypic.com/30bfno4.png]

Terry Farrell;424226 Wrote:
Is this inside a Text Box, a Form Field box or a single cell table
(which is

[quoted text clipped - 30 lines]
Sorry the explanation was a bit wonky but this is driving me
abso-fricking-lutely insane

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

I see. What you have done is used manual (direct) formatting to apply a
border and shading. This is a simple and fine way to do that except when you
change the paragraph formatting to use different indents. Simply by applying
the bullet style to one of the paragraphs, you have changed style but taken
on the direct (manual) border and shading attributes. So the bulleted
paragraph now has its own shading and border.

I suggest that you use a single cell table set with the required border and
shading format. This will expand as you type and correctly cross page ends
with borders as required. You could use Text Boxes but I don't think they
are appropriate for this task.

Terry

"tramboy" wrote in message

It's none of those things. (I think)

This is my formatting:

[image: http://i26.tinypic.com/30bfno4.png]

here is the 'box' befo

[image: http://i27.tinypic.com/opbblk.jpg]

and here it is after I try to insert bullets:

[image: http://i31.tinypic.com/j6phu0.png]

Terry Farrell;424226 Wrote:
Is this inside a Text Box, a Form Field box or a single cell table
(which is
probably the best way to do what you are describing)?

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

...-