Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon[_4_] Gordon[_4_] is offline

Default Help with editing page numbers Word 2007

I have a document that was set up for page numbering to start on the second
page.
I inserted a page in front of the first page and now the page numbering is
starting from what was the first page instead of what is now the second
page.
How do I now revert to the page numbering starting from the second page?
(Hope that's clear!)

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

If you want the page numbering to start from what is now the third page, you
should insert a Next Page Section Break before that page and Page
SetupLayout dialog for the Section of the document that contains Page 3
turn off the Different First Page setting and unlink the Headers and Footers
in that Section from those in the previous Section. You will probably then
need to go to the Headers and Footers in the previous Section and remove the
{ Page } field. Also, depending upon your requirements you may need to turn
off the Different First Page setting for that Section as well.
--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Gordon" wrote in message
I have a document that was set up for page numbering to start on the second
page.
I inserted a page in front of the first page and now the page numbering is
starting from what was the first page instead of what is now the second
page.
How do I now revert to the page numbering starting from the second page?
(Hope that's clear!)

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon[_4_] Gordon[_4_] is offline

If you want the page numbering to start from what is now the third page,
you should insert a Next Page Section Break before that page and Page
SetupLayout dialog for the Section of the document that contains Page 3
turn off the Different First Page setting and unlink the Headers and
Footers in that Section from those in the previous Section. You will
probably then need to go to the Headers and Footers in the previous
Section and remove the { Page } field. Also, depending upon your
requirements you may need to turn off the Different First Page setting for
that Section as well.

I half got there, but had a job removing the page numbers from the previous
section without them all disappearing until I discovered the "link to
previous" button.

It's not very intuitive, is it?
But thanks for the reply....