Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Robert Robert is offline

Default Need to send a doc. in wordpad format from word how?

I have a resume' for us unemployed and I need to send it in Wordpad format
but when I copy it from Word to wordpad it is scattered over 6 pages. How
can I copy and paste it?

Also how can I copy and paste from Microsoft works word processor to MS WORD
and still have the same format that I started with?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

It sounds like the Word doc contains Columns, and/or other features that
aren't supported in WordPad files. WordPad uses RTF by default, so you can
open the file in Word then use Save As & select Rich Text Format from the
list of Save as Type: choices. However, there is no guarantee that it will
display in WordPad or any other glorified text editor as you would like it
to. The general rule of thumb is to create documents with less capable
software, then move them up to more sophisticated levels, not go the
opposite direction. IOW, always start with the lowest common denominator.

As for Works, copy/paste shouldn't be necessary. If you choose that option
use the Edit Paste Special - Formatted Text command in Word rather than
simply Paste.

However, most versions of Works should be able to save in a file format
which Word can open. There are variables based on which versions of the
programs you're using, but you've not given any indication of what versions
they might be. I honestly haven't dealt much with Works in a number of years
so I couldn't say for certain anyhow, but you might simply try using the
File Open command in Word & see how you make out.

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 7/25/09 1:40 PM, in article
, "Robert"
wrote:

I have a resume' for us unemployed and I need to send it in Wordpad format
but when I copy it from Word to wordpad it is scattered over 6 pages. How
can I copy and paste it?

Also how can I copy and paste from Microsoft works word processor to MS WORD
and still have the same format that I started with?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Current versions of Word will open Works format back to around Works 6. For
earlier Works versions you will need the appropriate filter which you can
still download from my web site.

Wordpad should be able to Open Word DOC format (not DOCX) though as Bob
suggests there are limits to what WordPad can handle. From Wordpad the
document can be saved in its native RTF format.