Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jesse[_5_] Jesse[_5_] is offline

Default Page Scroll will not after using find

Hello folks

I'm using Word 07 and after I do a word find in a docx, when I try to
use the page scroll, it just turns the find word back on and goes to
the word I was searching for. How do I stop this so I can scroll by
page again? I can not seem to get the find word to clear.

Thanks........... Jess
To email remove the underscore
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Click the dot between the Page Up and Page Down arrows, and click the Browse
by Page icon.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"Jesse" wrote in message
Hello folks

I'm using Word 07 and after I do a word find in a docx, when I try to
use the page scroll, it just turns the find word back on and goes to
the word I was searching for. How do I stop this so I can scroll by
page again? I can not seem to get the find word to clear.

Thanks........... Jess
To email remove the underscore

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Amish Amish is offline

The design of that whole "select object" set of buttons is that the
black arrows browse by page (by default), but as soon as you change
the browse, the arrows turn blue to indicate that you are now able to
browse by whatever the previous browse was set to be; the blue arrows
become next/previous buttons. As Herb pointed out you can always
choose page again and the arrows will turn black.

On Jul 25, 11:00*pm, Jesse wrote:
Hello folks

I'm using Word 07 and after I do a word find in a docx, when I try to
use the page scroll, it just turns the find word back on and goes to
the word I was searching for. *How do I stop this so I can scroll by
page again? *I can not seem to get the find word to clear.

Thanks........... *Jess
To email remove the underscore

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Technically, the "arrow buttons" run the BrowsePrev and BrowseNext commands.
By default,
that means previous page and next page, but it could be any of the available
"browse objects" that you can choose by pressing the Select Browse Object
button (as others have explained).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Jesse" wrote in message
Hello folks

I'm using Word 07 and after I do a word find in a docx, when I try to
use the page scroll, it just turns the find word back on and goes to
the word I was searching for. How do I stop this so I can scroll by
page again? I can not seem to get the find word to clear.

Thanks........... Jess
To email remove the underscore

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jesse[_5_] Jesse[_5_] is offline

On Sat, 25 Jul 2009 22:00:52 -0500, Jesse wrote:

Hello folks

I'm using Word 07 and after I do a word find in a docx, when I try to
use the page scroll, it just turns the find word back on and goes to
the word I was searching for. How do I stop this so I can scroll by
page again? I can not seem to get the find word to clear.

Thanks........... Jess
To email remove the underscore

Thanks everyone for your input! Pretty simple!

You all have a great week.

Jess n FL