Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Bert Coules Bert Coules is offline

Default Word 2000 under Vista Home - installation problem

I've been trying to install Word 2000 on a laptop running Windows Vista
Home. The installation proceeds perfectly well, but when I try to run the
installed program I get an error message: "Required registry information is
missing..." and the program closes. Following suggestions found online I
tried disabling the anti-virus software but the result was the same.

Is this a fundamental compatibility problem, or is there a way around it?

Many thanks.

Bert

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi Bert,

I run Word 2000 on a laptop with Vista Home Premium, so I can vouch for the fact that they're compatible. Try 'repairing' the
installation via the Control Panel. Also, you might need to ensure SP3 is installed (and perhaps the later minor updates as well).

--
Cheers
macropod

"Bert Coules" wrote in message o.uk...
I've been trying to install Word 2000 on a laptop running Windows Vista Home. The installation proceeds perfectly well, but when
I try to run the installed program I get an error message: "Required registry information is missing..." and the program closes.
Following suggestions found online I tried disabling the anti-virus software but the result was the same.

Is this a fundamental compatibility problem, or is there a way around it?

Many thanks.

Bert

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Bert Coules Bert Coules is offline

Hi,

Thanks very much for that: it's reassuring to know that it will work. I'll
investigate...

Bert