Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pertula Pertula is offline

Default Word 2003 - TOC & Hyperlinks

Hi All
I have created a 53 page document with 34 Headings in the TOC, when I change
the view to prinatble view, everything is fine and it is exactly how I want
it.

When I put the view to Web Layout and try to use the hyperlinks, nothing
happens apart from the page numebrs go away, I am unable to click on them.

It comes up

current document
CTRL + click to follow link

Do I need to activate something.

Thanks for your help
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Idaho Word Man Idaho Word Man is offline

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding your question. Won't Ctrl-Click take you to the
heading you want?

If you want to simply click on the link, rather than having to Ctrl-Click,
go to Tools, Options, Edit and unselect the box for using Ctrl-Click.

Web view doesn't list page numbers in the TOC because a web page doesn't
have "pages." It's intended to be an on-line document that is all one "page."
So the TOC entry is just a hyperlink that goes to a specific point in the
document, rather than a link to a page.

If you want an on-line document that looks like a printed Word file, you'll
need to convert it to a PDF with active hyperlinks.

I hope this helps. If not, post back with more info.

Thanks,

Fred

"Pertula" wrote:

Hi All
I have created a 53 page document with 34 Headings in the TOC, when I change
the view to prinatble view, everything is fine and it is exactly how I want
it.

When I put the view to Web Layout and try to use the hyperlinks, nothing
happens apart from the page numebrs go away, I am unable to click on them.

It comes up

current document
CTRL + click to follow link

Do I need to activate something.

Thanks for your help

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] gemnidesigns@comcast.net is offline

On Apr 28, 3:17*pm, Pertula wrote:
Hi All
I have created a 53 page document with 34 Headings in the TOC, when I change
the view to prinatble view, everything is fine and it is exactly how I want
it.

When I put the view to Web Layout and try to use the hyperlinks, nothing
happens apart from the page numebrs go away, I am unable to click on them..

Greetings All, to resolve this issue following these steps - Tools
Options Edit Tab uncheck "Use CTRL + Click to follow hyperlink"

in the Editing Options section of the window. Click OK and you're
back in business with TOC's as well as other hyperlinks in your
document. Hope someone finds this fix helfpu.

Kari