sdonald

Default How do I link auto numbers to items in another document?

I have a requirements document in WORD with numbered items.
I need to be able to put the requirement numbers in another word document
and have them update when the autonumber changes. Both documents are in the
same master document.
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?c2RvbmFsZA==?=,

I have a requirements document in WORD with numbered items.
I need to be able to put the requirement numbers in another word document
and have them update when the autonumber changes. Both documents are in the
same master document.

You have to create the cross-reference while in the Master document, and it
will only display/update correct from within that context.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)