Frustrated

Default my word/powerpoint program is not recognizing my cd/dvd drives.

My word and powerpoint programs do not recognize my cd or dvd drive. When I
click send to: it is not showing these drive only the floppy drive. I know my
drives are working because I am able to copy my powerpoint by opening up my
sonic dvd program and adding the files. This program was working fine for
over 2 years, this is a new problem. I have not added any new hardware.
Herb Tyson [MVP]

Word and PowerPoint are doing you a favor. It'd be an even better favor it
they wouldn't show the A: drive either. It's risky to save/open files
directly from Office programs. It's a leading cause of document corruption.
I can't tell you how many times I've heard: "I saved the document to a CD,
and now Word doesn't recognize it!"

The "best practice" in this case is to use Windows Explorer to copy files
to/from removable media, and to use Word/PowerPoint/Etc. only on files that
are on your hard drive.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com
"Frustrated" wrote in message
My word and powerpoint programs do not recognize my cd or dvd drive. When
click send to: it is not showing these drive only the floppy drive. I know
my
drives are working because I am able to copy my powerpoint by opening up
my
sonic dvd program and adding the files. This program was working fine for
over 2 years, this is a new problem. I have not added any new hardware.

Frustrated

Dear Herb,
When I go to windows explorer and open files, it also doesn't recognize my
cd or dvd drive only A drive. I open the files in explorer and the (send to)
doesn't have my E or D drive as a choice. Is there another way to use
explorer or how can I get my drives to be recognized. They are also not
being recognized in my Dell photo program. I have checked the hardwqre
wizard and it states that the E and D drive are working correctly.
Frustrated

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote:

[...]

Herb Tyson [MVP]

In Windows Explorer, from the menu, choose View - Explorer Bar - Folders. In
the left half of the window, expand My Computer. Are your D and E drives
listed there? If so, you can navigate to files on your C: drive, copy them
to the clipboard (select, right-click and choose Copy), then paste them to
your D or E drive. Note that the ability to do this depends on what version
of Windows you have. I've been assuming that you have Windows XP. If you
have an earlier version of Windows, then CD and DVD drives might not be
fully accessible from Windows Explorer.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP