Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sovereign Sovereign is offline

Default Please Put Spacing back the way it was

I noticed that when one presses Enter at the end of a line, the next line is
automatically double-spaced. This is extremely annoying when I am typing a
heading for a paper. So it looks like this:
Joe User

Today's Date

Joe User's Class/Professor

It SHOULD look like this:

Joe User
Today's Date
Joe User's Class/Professor

Please remove the auto-spacer and put it back the way it was in Office 2003.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Format - Paragraph

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Sovereign" wrote in message
news
I noticed that when one presses Enter at the end of a line, the next line
is
automatically double-spaced. This is extremely annoying when I am typing
heading for a paper. So it looks like this:
Joe User

Today's Date

Joe User's Class/Professor

It SHOULD look like this:

Joe User
Today's Date
Joe User's Class/Professor

Please remove the auto-spacer and put it back the way it was in Office
2003.

----------------
this
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Since you mentioned that you're looking to put things back the way the were in Word 2003 I'm assuming that you're using Word 2007,
Beta 2.

The default paragraph spacing if 1.15 lines.

To return to a look similar to that of earlier Word versions you can use
Home=Styles=Change Styles=Style Sets

and select 'Traditional' style type then go back to

Home=Styles=Change Styles
and choose 'set as default'.

To send feedback, suggestions and bugs in Word 2007 directly to the MS product team you can use the feedback tool from the link
below in addition to posting 2007 topics for peer discussion here.

=========
"Sovereign" wrote in message news I noticed that when one presses Enter at the end of a line, the next line is
automatically double-spaced. This is extremely annoying when I am typing a
heading for a paper. So it looks like this:
Joe User

Today's Date

Joe User's Class/Professor

It SHOULD look like this:

Joe User
Today's Date
Joe User's Class/Professor

Please remove the auto-spacer and put it back the way it was in Office 2003.
--
I hope this helped you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office system products MVP

*Courtesy is not expensive and can pay big dividends

LINKS to the 2007 Office System

1. Free MS Office 2007 book from MS Press, 213 pages:
http://microsoft.com/learning/office...oksfrommspress

2.. Office 2007 Beta 2 Online Test Drive, Downloadable beta,
e-learning courses, doucmentation and movies:
http://microsoft.com/office/preview

3. Send 2007 Office System Beta 2 feedback directly to the MS Office 2007 product team with this feedback tool:
http://sas.office.microsoft.com/

4. Try the 2007 OfficeOnline preview website , without Office2007

a. Install the ActiveX access control
http://office.microsoft.com/search/r...XT101650581033

b. then visit
http://officebeta.iponet.net

Going back from word Just another so and so Microsoft Word Help 3 October 17th 08 04:23 PM
Back and Forward Jump List Lee Weinreich Microsoft Word Help 2 May 2nd 06 12:00 AM
Spacing Darlene Microsoft Word Help 1 January 17th 06 07:47 PM
Why my line spacing is wider than everyone else (line spacing)? Melody Koh Microsoft Word Help 6 September 13th 05 11:12 PM
Odd Paragraph Spacing Issue Bob Voss Page Layout 1 August 4th 05 02:14 AM