Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Mark A. Sam Mark A. Sam is offline

Default Formatting labels

Hello,

I am using Word2007 and want to format Avery Postcards #3263. There doesn't
seem to be a way to tell Word to layout the labels on a document. It only
has an option to type in text and print directly to the printer. I want to
make a page of postcards with graphic images. In older versions of Word
this was possible. Is that functionality gone?

Thank you and God Bless,

Mark

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

Are you saying you don't see the New Document button at the bottom of the
dialog box?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP
https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Melton

What is a Microsoft MVP? http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/gp/mvpfaqs

"Mark A. Sam" wrote in message
Hello,

I am using Word2007 and want to format Avery Postcards #3263. There
doesn't seem to be a way to tell Word to layout the labels on a document.
It only has an option to type in text and print directly to the printer.
I want to make a page of postcards with graphic images. In older
versions of Word this was possible. Is that functionality gone?

Thank you and God Bless,

Mark

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Mark A. Sam Mark A. Sam is offline

Beth,

Yes there is a new document button. It brings up a new document but that's
it. I need the page divided into 4 sections. I guess I'll have to do it
the old fashioned way...lol

"Mark A. Sam" wrote in message
Hello,

I am using Word2007 and want to format Avery Postcards #3263. There
doesn't seem to be a way to tell Word to layout the labels on a document.
It only has an option to type in text and print directly to the printer.
I want to make a page of postcards with graphic images. In older
versions of Word this was possible. Is that functionality gone?

Thank you and God Bless,

Mark

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

The labels are there -- you just can't see them. :-)

The label definition is created using a Word table and what you aren't
seeing is the table gridlines. To display them, create a page of labels
again but this time place your insertion point in the table, click the
Layout tab on the contextual Table Tools (which is only displays when your
insertion point is in a table), then in the Table group, click View
Gridlines.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Mark A. Sam" wrote in message
Hello,

I am using Word2007 and want to format Avery Postcards #3263. There
doesn't seem to be a way to tell Word to layout the labels on a
document. It only has an option to type in text and print directly to
the printer. I want to make a page of postcards with graphic images.
In older versions of Word this was possible. Is that functionality
gone?

Thank you and God Bless,

Mark

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Mark A. Sam Mark A. Sam is offline

Thanks for your help Beth, but I'm not following this. There couldn't be
labels there, becuase I wasn't able to define the dimensions. I'll put my
own table onto a Word document and size it. This use to be a breeze, but
Word 2007 makes even the simplest of tasks a full time job.

Thanks again and God Bless,

Mark A. Sam

"Mark A. Sam" wrote in message
Hello,

I am using Word2007 and want to format Avery Postcards #3263. There
doesn't seem to be a way to tell Word to layout the labels on a
document. It only has an option to type in text and print directly to
the printer. I want to make a page of postcards with graphic images. In
older versions of Word this was possible. Is that functionality gone?

Thank you and God Bless,

Mark

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Labels in Word (all versions) are tables. In Word 2007, the label tool is at
the left end of the Mailings Tab. The dialog that pops up allows you to
select the label just as in Word 2003. If you then click 'New Document' that
label format is transferred to a new document - exactly as in Word 2003. If
you cannot see the table it is because the gridlines are hidden. Beth has
already told you how to display them.

"Mark A. Sam" wrote in message
Hello,

I am using Word2007 and want to format Avery Postcards #3263. There
doesn't seem to be a way to tell Word to layout the labels
on a document. It only has an option to type in text and print
directly to the printer. I want to make a page of postcards with
graphic images. In older versions of Word this was possible. Is
that functionality gone? Thank you and God Bless,

Mark

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Mark A. Sam Mark A. Sam is offline

Graham,

I appreciate your and Beth's help, but it was too difficult for me. I
downloaded Avery software so I don't need Word for this task.

God Bless,

Mark

"Mark A. Sam" wrote in message
Hello,

I am using Word2007 and want to format Avery Postcards #3263. There
doesn't seem to be a way to tell Word to layout the labels
on a document. It only has an option to type in text and print
directly to the printer. I want to make a page of postcards with
graphic images. In older versions of Word this was possible. Is
that functionality gone? Thank you and God Bless,

Mark

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The procedure and the dialogs are exactly the same as they were in the
earlier version that you found so easy. It is only the location of the
commands that call them that is different and we have explained how to
access them.

wrote in message
Hello,

I am using Word2007 and want to format Avery Postcards #3263.
There doesn't seem to be a way to tell Word to layout the
labels on a document. It only has an option to type in text
and print directly to the printer. I want to make a page of
postcards with graphic images. In older versions of Word this
was possible. Is that functionality gone? Thank you and God
Bless, Mark

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Mark A. Sam Mark A. Sam is offline

I appologize. I see the dropdown with the vendors. I'll stick with the
Avery software however. It is still much easier to use than Word. It have
toolbars and not a ribbon.

wrote in message
Hello,

I am using Word2007 and want to format Avery Postcards #3263.
There doesn't seem to be a way to tell Word to layout the
labels on a document. It only has an option to type in text
and print directly to the printer. I want to make a page of
postcards with graphic images. In older versions of Word this
was possible. Is that functionality gone? Thank you and God
Bless, Mark

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

:-)

One would think clicking "Mailings" and then "Labels" would be simple enough
for a caveman. ;-) Well, that's also taking into consideration the caveman
can read. Perhaps Avery uses pictures instead? grin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Mark A. Sam" wrote in message
Real serious. The Avery software was so simple, even a caveman could do
it.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Mark A. Sam Mark A. Sam is offline

Cavemen don't use computers. After they save money on their car insurace by
switching to Geico, they buy yachts and sail the world, basking in the sun
and sipping lemonaid.

"Mark A. Sam" wrote in message
Real serious. The Avery software was so simple, even a caveman could do
it.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

You forgot "star in their own TV show". g

Oh wait, did that ever happen? Ah, looks like it did but was short-lived.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton

"Mark A. Sam" wrote in message
Real serious. The Avery software was so simple, even a caveman could do
it.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Mark A. Sam Mark A. Sam is offline

I think it did. I never saw it. Maybe they saved so much money switching
to Geico, that the production company couldn't pay them enough. You know
that big ego's demand big pay. When you catch the hearts of American,
Canada, and the world, coming from humble cave dwellings, it could really
stir up the pride.

"Mark A. Sam" wrote in message
Real serious. The Avery software was so simple, even a caveman could
do it.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

LOL