kdw

Default Table prints differently than viewing on screen

I have records from Access that I put in Word as such:

Dim vData As Variant
Dim objTable As Word.Table

vData = rstDetail.GetString()
With rngDetail
.InsertAfter vData
Set objTable = .ConvertToTable()
End With

Since there can be hundreds of rows, I set up the Word template to be
3-column page so the table can wrap across the page. This seems to work fine
looking at it on screen. But when I print, the 3 columns are identical
across the page! What's going on?
I'm not as familiar with Word so I hope some of you Word gurus can help.

Also, is there a quick way to repeat the header on the table (in a 3 column
paragraph)? Right now I have some complicated algorithm to figure out out
many rows fit on a page so I can insert header at the proper row for it to
show up at the top of column 2 and 3.

Thanks!
LynnC

To repeat your header on the top of each page:
1. Select the row to repeat (entire row)
2. Rt-click on the row and select Table properties
3. click on the Row tab
4. Checkmark that you would like the row to "repeat as header row at the top
of each page."