Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
kroot301 kroot301 is offline

Default 2 sided mail merge

I have 200 letters to mail out. I have the mail merge done. I would like to
write my letter and have it print out on the back of every address sheet.
What I want is: the address on one side and the letter on the other side. I
have been printing the mail merge and then putting the paper back in the
printer to print the letter on the other side. Please tell me there is a
simpler/quicker way to do this!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Sorry to ask the obvious, but have you tried something along the following
lines:
a. create a mail merge main document that has the address info. on page 1
and the letter on page 2
b. ensure that in Word, you have set up the page setup for double-sided
printing (precisely how to do this depends on the version of Word, but e.g.
in Word 2003 and earlier, try File-Page Setup and in Word 2007, try Page
Layout-Page Setup.
c. Merge to a new document
d. verify that each /section/ in the new document (which should contain 2
pages) is also set up for double-sided printing. If so, do a test print
anyway just to be sure. If not, try modifying the Page Setup for /that/
document to be double-sided (for every section) and test that.

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk