Simon Adebisi

Default WORD types in CAPS at all times?

Is my copy of word broken or is it a fecher i have turend on by acident?

If i copy and paste a normal paragraph it puts it all into CAPS and does
this from the normal template; it also does the CAPS thing when i type too.
(Office 2003)

Please help
Thanks in advance
Simon

TF

Use Windows Explorer to rename normal.dot as normal.bad. You will find the
location of normal.dot in Word by looking at the path under Tools, Options,
File Locations, User Templates path.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

"Simon Adebisi" wrote in message
k...
: Is my copy of word broken or is it a fecher i have turend on by acident?
:
: If i copy and paste a normal paragraph it puts it all into CAPS and does
: this from the normal template; it also does the CAPS thing when i type
too.
: (Office 2003)
:
: Please help
: Thanks in advance
: Simon
:
:
:

Assuming you don't have the Caps Lock key enabled, it's possible that the
font of Normal style has become formatted as All Caps. Go to Format | Font,
clear the check box for All Caps, then click Default... and answer yes to
the ensuing dialog.

Note that microsoft.public.word.applicationerrors is a deprecated NG.

"Simon Adebisi" wrote in message
k...
Is my copy of word broken or is it a fecher i have turend on by acident?

If i copy and paste a normal paragraph it puts it all into CAPS and does
this from the normal template; it also does the CAPS thing when i type

too.
(Office 2003)

Please help
Thanks in advance
Simon

Anne Troy

Perhaps your default font is set to be a font that only provides caps?
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com