Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
A Byrde

Default headers and footers

Page break, section break, page numbering, headers and footers are impossibly
'clunky' and unstable in Word. It was better even in Locoscript! You should
be able to 'fix' the headers and footers where you want them, and not have
them change as soon as a section changes. I need different first page second
page, and last page formats (at least), with some fairly major layout
changes. That is to emulate the different pre-printed stationary I still have
to use for reports.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...ord.pagelayout
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Charles Kenyon

You can do what you want with a combination of the different first page
setting and conditional text in your headers and footers. For conditional
text take a look at
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Number...eNumbering.htm. For even more,
see http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Page_Numbering.htm.

--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"A Byrde" A wrote in message
Page break, section break, page numbering, headers and footers are
impossibly
'clunky' and unstable in Word. It was better even in Locoscript! You
should
be able to 'fix' the headers and footers where you want them, and not have
them change as soon as a section changes. I need different first page
second
page, and last page formats (at least), with some fairly major layout
changes. That is to emulate the different pre-printed stationary I still
have
to use for reports.

this