Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
roger_27 roger_27 is offline

Default does anyone know any fixed width chinese fonts?

hey, I'm making a table-like piece of text, and I need a fixed width chinese
font so that all the columns lines up perfectly..

there are fixed with fonts, but the ones that I have dont support chinese....
here is some chinese if you think you can help

*好. 有官慵不選. *好. 有官慵不選
*好. 有:慵不選. *好. 有官慵不選

as you can see (if you have the chinese language installed in IE that is,)
the second line is shorter, because of the colon symbol. I want both lines
the same length. thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I don't know anything about this, but I was under the impression that the
Chinese IMEs could use some sort of grid to align characters. For example,
in Word's Compatibility Options, there is an option "Don't use Asian rules
for line breaks with character grid." Perhaps you should look into this some
more? The Help topic "Set characters and lines per page for East Asian text"
may be helpful.

"roger_27" wrote in message
hey, I'm making a table-like piece of text, and I need a fixed width

chinese
font so that all the columns lines up perfectly..

there are fixed with fonts, but the ones that I have dont support

chinese....
here is some chinese if you think you can help

*好. 有官慵不選. *好. 有官慵不選
*好. 有:慵不選. *好. 有官慵不選

as you can see (if you have the chinese language installed in IE that is,)
the second line is shorter, because of the colon symbol. I want both lines
the same length. thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

What I see is that the top line of characters has one more than the bottom
row and that's what's changing your line length more than just a colon. Not
what you asked but...

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"roger_27" wrote in message
hey, I'm making a table-like piece of text, and I need a fixed width
chinese
font so that all the columns lines up perfectly..

there are fixed with fonts, but the ones that I have dont support
chinese....
here is some chinese if you think you can help