Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jraul jraul is offline

Default word 2007 and vector graphics

On my old system, I somehow was able to copy text in a word 2007
document and paste it in Adobe Illustrator and Flash as curves. In
other words, each character of text would be made out of curves. Note
that this is not the same as the text being pasted into the text tool
of these respective programs--they were pasted as curve objects, not
text objects.

When I build my new system and reinstalled all the software, I can no
longer do that. I'm assuming I must have had a setting set, but that
I don't remember now. Anyone know how to do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi JR

jraul wrote:
On my old system, I somehow was able to copy text in a word 2007
document and paste it in Adobe Illustrator and Flash as curves. In
other words, each character of text would be made out of curves. Note
that this is not the same as the text being pasted into the text tool
of these respective programs--they were pasted as curve objects, not
text objects.

When I build my new system and reinstalled all the software, I can no
longer do that. I'm assuming I must have had a setting set, but that
I don't remember now. Anyone know how to do this?

Did you have Word 2007 before? In general, I would look in the receiving
application (Illustrator) first for instructing it on what to do with
clipboard content.

2cents
Robert
--