Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jason Jason is offline

Default 'typing replaces selection' option automatically turned off

I'm using Word 2003 to create a document that has a lot of drawings. I'm
using the drawing canvas frequently to create some simple shapes, flowcharts,
etc. and pasting in images from other sources as well. It appears that if I
have the drawing canvas selected when I paste an image in from another
program (trying to paste it into the canvas) then Word automatically turns
off the "typing replaces selection" option without warning. It doesn't seem
to happen if I paste something from another part of the document or if I
paste anywhere else in the document, only when pasting something that was
copied from another program when the canvas is selected.

It was extremely annoying until I figured out when it was happening. It's
easy to get around but I was curious if anyone else has seen this and whether
Microsoft considers this a bug or a feature. I know, everything is a feature
until it's fixed.

Thanks for reading!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

I can't reproduce this, using Word 2007, so maybe it has been fixed?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP