Roxy

Default hyperlinks are showing path name instead of blue underline

Here is what I am getting:

In XP - Word 2003, the hyperlinks look like: {HYPERLINK
"C:\\+HomeData\\+Common\\Helps"}

I can then right click and select "Select HyperLink" and it turns it into a
nice blue underline (i.e. like normal). But, when I save, close, and reopen
the file, it still looks like: {HYPERLINK "C:\\+HomeData\\+Common\\Helps"}.
I of course wish it to look like a normal hyperlink and not display the path
name.

Is there a setting to modify under Tools to AutoFormat or Options? Thanks.