Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Fester Bestertester Fester Bestertester is offline

Default Word 2003 Extended Selection Mode

Greetings,

I have a user who mistakenly turned on Extended Selection mode. We
figured out how to turn it off, but in the meantime, we also discovered
that the user had a session of Excel 2003 running as well, and Excel was
exhibiting similar behavior. Our theory is that the user's attention was
distracted, leading to some unintentional combination of keystroke and
mouseclick that turned this behavior on in both applications.

Any thoughts on how this might have happened?