Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
PPrincess PPrincess is offline

Default How do I prevent the dollar figures from mail merging w/ 10 digit

I created a worksheet with dollar amounts and when they are merged into word,
they turn into # with 10 decimal places. I tried formating the cells in a
number of different ways.. but I just cannot get it to format correctly.
This was supposed to be the final phase in a very long project... hopefully I
can make it work!

Can anyone help me?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

See "Formatting Word fields with switches" on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's
website at

Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"PPrincess" wrote in message
I created a worksheet with dollar amounts and when they are merged into
word,
they turn into # with 10 decimal places. I tried formating the cells in a
number of different ways.. but I just cannot get it to format correctly.
This was supposed to be the final phase in a very long project...
hopefully I
can make it work!

Can anyone help me?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
sccatholic sccatholic is offline

(apostrophe) before each amt. ex: '$100.00 Excel will read it as
exactly what is typed (but without the apostrophe) and not try to turn it
into something different. It will then import into the Word doc as exactly
$100.00 Hope this helps. This method can be used for any data being
typed into the cell that you don't want changed (like a date).

"PPrincess" wrote:

I created a worksheet with dollar amounts and when they are merged into word,
they turn into # with 10 decimal places. I tried formating the cells in a
number of different ways.. but I just cannot get it to format correctly.
This was supposed to be the final phase in a very long project... hopefully I
can make it work!

Can anyone help me?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
PPrincess PPrincess is offline

Default How do I prevent the dollar figures from mail merging w/ 10 di

This is really good to know. Thanks for your advice... I will try it
sometime. I ended up copying the whole worksheet into word - as another
document. It worked... what do ya know!

Thanks Again & Have a Blessed Day!!!
@--}---