Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Reiki Sue Reiki Sue is offline

Default How do i print out just my database table (e.g.names & addresses)?

Hi

I have created and merged my database (showing address details) with my
letters, but wish to have a printed out list just with the database
information (for ease of checking). I don't wish to print out 100 letters
just to have this information. Or do i have to create another document made
up of labels/cells / table for it to do this?

Cheers
Sue
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Use a Catalog (or in Word XP and later it is called Directory) type
mailmerge in the main document of which you set up a one row table with as
many columns as you need for the fields that you want to display. Attach
this main document to the data source that you used for the letters and
insert the mergefields into the cells of the table, one to a a cell. Then,
when you execute this merge to a new document, you will get a table
containing a row of data for each record in the data source.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Reiki Sue" Reiki wrote in message
Hi

I have created and merged my database (showing address details) with my
letters, but wish to have a printed out list just with the database
information (for ease of checking). I don't wish to print out 100 letters
just to have this information. Or do i have to create another document
made
up of labels/cells / table for it to do this?

Cheers
Sue

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Reiki Sue[_2_] Reiki Sue[_2_] is offline

Default How do i print out just my database table (e.g.names & address

Hi Doug

Many thanks for this advice. I will give it ago.

I used to like the old way of doing mailmerge e.g. from an excel spreadsheet
and merged with other document. I don't like the way that M/Soft have done
this version as i don't feel i have complete quick control over it. But never
mind...

If you don't hear from me again please assume it has worked.

Many thanks again

Kind Regards
Sue

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Reiki Sue[_2_] Reiki Sue[_2_] is offline

Hi Doug,

Well i followed your advice and tweaked it abit. Then did one row split into
the number of data field entries. Entered in the datafields. Then entered
'next row' above it and copied this for my 25 letters and connected them to
my data source. However most strange but it won't under any circumstances
include the first letters details. I have deleted and readded and deleted the
'next row' wording, in case that is causing it to go straight onto the second
letters details. In the end i had to manually insert the first letters
details. Any idea what i need to do to stop this occuring?

I shall also have a go with doing an excel version. Thanks for that tip.

Kind Regards
Sue