Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Mike Joiner Mike Joiner is offline

Default How do I print a list of mail merg recipients?

I sent application letters using mail merg. I wish to keep track of who has
responded and who I need to contact. To do this I need a list of the
contact's details which are held in the mail merg data file. How do I print
these details off?
I am using windows XP and Microsoft Word 2003.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Typically in Word 2003, your data source will be an Access ".mdb" format
file. There are various ways you can report the content of that file.
However, I strongly suggest that you make a backup copy of that .mdb file
before trying any of the following...

You can use anything that can read a .mdb format file to list your
recipients, e.g.
a. if you have Access, make a backup copy, then open the .mdb in Access and
use Access reporting to report the data in the .mdb file.
b. if you have Excel, make a backup copy, then open the .mdb in directly in
Excel (should be possible) and use Excel feeatures to report your data
c. or in Word, optionally make a backup copy of the .mdb, then
- create a new mailmerge main document as a "Directory" type mailmerge.
You may find it useful to set up the document in landscape format.
- connect to your .mdb data source
- create a one-row table in that document, with as many columns as you
need to report - e.g. if you have firstname, lastname, address1, city,
state, ZIP, you will need 6 columns
- merge to a new document.
- format/save/print that document as appropriate.

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

"Mike Joiner" Mike wrote in message
I sent application letters using mail merg. I wish to keep track of who has
responded and who I need to contact. To do this I need a list of the
contact's details which are held in the mail merg data file. How do I
print
these details off?
I am using windows XP and Microsoft Word 2003.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi Mike,

You could do a simple catalog/directory merge, using an otherwise blank mailerge main document.

--
Cheers
macropod