Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
jdtwig jdtwig is offline

Default How do I print a Mail Merge Doc with letterhead every other page?

I have two page letters that are mailed merged. The first page of each
letter needs to print from the letterhead tray, the second page from plain
paper tray. The document is 100 pages (50 letters total).

How do I get the printer to switch back and forth?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Have you tried dividing the MailMerge Main document into two sections,
each associated with a different output tray? (It /should/ work, but it
is certainly the case that it does not work properly with all types of
printer).

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

jdtwig wrote:
I have two page letters that are mailed merged. The first page of each
letter needs to print from the letterhead tray, the second page from plain
paper tray. The document is 100 pages (50 letters total).

How do I get the printer to switch back and forth?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If all else fails, merge to a new document and print that document using the
following macro which will treat each letter as a separate print task

Sub SplitMergeLetterToPrinter()

' splitter Macro
' Macro created 16-08-98 by Doug Robbins to print each letter created by a
' mailmerge as a separate file.
'

Letters = ActiveDocument.Sections.Count
counter = 1
While counter Letters
ActiveDocument.PrintOut Background:=False, Range:=wdPrintFromTo, _