Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Tim[_8_] Tim[_8_] is offline

Default How do I default Preview Results button to off?

When I open a mailmerge document(main document) with alot of merge fields in
it in Word 2007, it takes forever. I want the document to open as fast as
possible. Is there a way to have the Preview Results button in the Mailings
tab default to off so that Word doesn't try to populate the merge fields with
data from the data source when the document is opened?

Thanks for your help.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

I don't think so. But if you are the only user, I think you would probably
be better off
a. discoonnecting your data source before you save the document
b. reconnecting to your data source as a separate step (ideally using a VBA
macro, since going through the manual process is pretty tedious) once you
have opened the document.

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk