Carolyn

Default How do you get a check box to toggle the mark on a click?

How do you get the check box in a Word document to toggle between checked and
unchecked on one click (such as when creating a check box in Access)?

Carolyn
Greg Maxey

See:
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/add_check_boxes.htm

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
See:

Carolyn wrote:
How do you get the check box in a Word document to toggle between
checked and unchecked on one click (such as when creating a check box
in Access)?

Carolyn

Carolyn

Dear Greg:

Thank you so much. I see where this works. What is complicating it for me
is that I am working on a network at a large law firm. I followed the steps,
but checkbox does not appear on my autotext. I imagine this is network
related. When I have a moment I will work with your directions more and see
if I can adapt it to the company's set up.

Again, many thanks.

Carolyn

"Carolyn" wrote:

How do you get the check box in a Word document to toggle between checked and
unchecked on one click (such as when creating a check box in Access)?

Carolyn

Charles Kenyon

There are a number of ways to create and use clickable checkboxes in
documents / templates. Some require protected or locked forms, others do
not. Take a look at the Checkbox template available at
http://www.addbalance.com/word/downl...#CheckboxAddIn for an exploration
of these.

--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Carolyn" wrote in message
How do you get the check box in a Word document to toggle between checked
and
unchecked on one click (such as when creating a check box in Access)?

Carolyn

Carolyn

Many thanks. I have tons of work so I will have to wait to take advantage of
the information you forwarded.

"Carolyn" wrote:

How do you get the check box in a Word document to toggle between checked and
unchecked on one click (such as when creating a check box in Access)?

Carolyn

Carolyn

Many thanks. Your documentation was very helpful, including giving me the
last piece of information I needed (how to change from a check to an x).

"Carolyn" wrote:

How do you get the check box in a Word document to toggle between checked and
unchecked on one click (such as when creating a check box in Access)?

Carolyn

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jenn

when I run my macros I get runtime error 5941

Am I supposed to have ONE macro or Two macros... one that checks and one
that unchecks.
Do I have to have the unchecked box selected and then run the 'CheckBox'
Macro?

Carolyn wrote:
How do you get the check box in a Word document to toggle between
checked and unchecked on one click (such as when creating a check box
in Access)?

Carolyn

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Emma[_2_] Emma[_2_] is offline

Hi There,
I have just up loaded a toggles check box thing, that allows one to check a
check box in an unprotected form (it needs to be unprotected as I have
questions that require text responses..).
The problem is that I have to send the document out to other people who
don't have the toggle function installed on their computer... Which means
that the toggles don't work.. -well, at least when my colleague tried it....
Do you know about this?
Emma

"Carolyn" wrote:

How do you get the check box in a Word document to toggle between checked and
unchecked on one click (such as when creating a check box in Access)?

Carolyn

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi Emma,

Word has checkbox, dropdown and text entry formfields, all of which can be used in a protected form. You can also have an
unprotected section for text entry, if you like. That way, there's no need to use a third-party add-in (which your clients
apparently don't have).

--
Cheers
macropod

"Carolyn" wrote:

How do you get the check box in a Word document to toggle between checked and
unchecked on one click (such as when creating a check box in Access)?

Carolyn

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you're describing the MacroButton fields used for check boxes, they
require not only the macros but also AutoText entries. The macros can be
stored in a document, but the AutoText entries can be saved only in a
template, so the form must be distributed as a template, and recipients must
enable the macros for the check boxes to work.

"Carolyn" wrote:

How do you get the check box in a Word document to toggle between checked
and
unchecked on one click (such as when creating a check box in Access)?

Carolyn

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jellybalinni Jellybalinni is offline

"Carolyn" wrote:

How do you get the check box in a Word document to toggle between checked and
unchecked on one click (such as when creating a check box in Access)?

Carolyn

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charysa Charysa is offline

I get runtime error 5941 when I try to use the macro and I went back and
followed the steps 3 times. I don't get it. I think I'm getting stuck on the
AutoText thing because my messege boxes don't look like the ones in the
tutorial. I have Word 2007 in the newer layout with no dropdown insert
options like the tutorial. It is very frustrating.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Take a look at http://www.gmayor.com/Macrobutton.htm which explains the same
function with additional illustrations for Word 2007 .