Steve

Default Carriage return stopped working

I just loaded up a document and discovered it will no longer recognise
carriage returns!

All other programmes are working normally. All other documents in Word
(2002) are working normally. How do I get them back please???

Bill Ridgeway

Taking your description of the problem quite literally, if you don't have
any carriage returns in a document all the text will run on line after line
without a break. Is this what you have?

Have you done a global find and replace including ^p (which Word recognises
as a carriage return) and just eliminated them?

Sorry to answer your question with more questions.

Bill Ridgeway
Computer Solutions

"Steve" wrote in message
I just loaded up a document and discovered it will no longer recognise
carriage returns!

All other programmes are working normally. All other documents in Word
(2002) are working normally. How do I get them back please???

Bill Ridgeway

Steve,

You say that the CR is still there. Have you confirmed this by turning on
"show / hide"?

Regards.

Bill Ridgeway
Computer Solutions

"Steve" wrote in message
I just loaded up a document and discovered it will no longer recognise
carriage returns!

All other programmes are working normally. All other documents in Word
(2002) are working normally. How do I get them back please???

Steve

Sorry, I haven't been clear. There's no problem with the existing text in
the document. It opens exactly as it should. But if I want to add a
paragraph, or split an existing paragraph in to two, the enter key does
absolutely nothing.