Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Joe McGuire

Default Accessing Templates in Word 2002

I seem to be unable to access my templates with File, New, etc. in Word 2002
(via a remote connection through Microsoft Terminal Server). When I click
FileNew, a "New Documents" panel opens on the right side of my screen.
Under "New from template" I click on General Templates, which ought to open
my collection of templates. But nothing happens! Meanwhile, the folder
containing all the templates is specified in ToolsOptionsLocation of
Files. That folder is on the network server. I can browse to that folder
without any problem and modify the templates if I want. I regularly utilize
templates from that folder when using my desktop PC on the network, such as
for letters, memos, etc. My secretary also uses the same collection. The
reason for using a single group of templates is to insure uniformity even
when I modify or update a template. If there is only one folder I only have
to update one template rather than the same template in multiple locations.
Is there some reason I cannot use my templates (or template folder) in this
situation?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

Click on "On my computer." Otherwise, see
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/C...ngWord2002.htm.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Joe McGuire" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

"On my computer" is the Word 2003 terminology. "New from template: General
Templates" is correct in Word 2002.

"Charles Kenyon" wrote in
message ...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

Thanks, it has been a while since I used Word 2002.
--

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
"On my computer" is the Word 2003 terminology. "New from template: General
Templates" is correct in Word 2002.

so
all may benefit.

"Charles Kenyon" wrote in
message ...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Me, too, but we had a question recently that brought this difference in UI
to light.

"Charles Kenyon" wrote in
message ...
Thanks, it has been a while since I used Word 2002.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
"On my computer" is the Word 2003 terminology. "New from template:

General
Templates" is correct in Word 2002.

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

"Charles Kenyon" wrote in
message ...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Joe McGuire

Oddly, the problem seems to have resolved itself somehow. I went away for a
few days. that was probably the solution. Now when I click on General
Templates my colection of templates opens without a hitch!

"Charles Kenyon" wrote in
message ...