Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Vickey Vickey is offline

Default Optical Mark Recognition/Last Page Mark

We have a custom made program that we use mailmerge with which creates
documents with different numbers of pages. Is there a way in Word to set some
kind of "last page" mark or OMR mark that the folding and stuffing machine
can recognize?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Execute the merge to a new document and then run a macro containing the
following commands when that document is the Active Document. Each letter
will then be sent to the printer as a separate print job:

Dim i As Long
With ActiveDocument
For i = 1 To .Sections.Count
.PrintOut Range:=wdPrintFromTo, From:="s" & i, To:="s" & i
Next i
End With

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Vickey" wrote in message
We have a custom made program that we use mailmerge with which creates
documents with different numbers of pages. Is there a way in Word to set
some
kind of "last page" mark or OMR mark that the folding and stuffing machine
can recognize?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Vickey Vickey is offline

Thanks Doug for your response. I'm still confused, though, on how my folding
and stuffing machine will recognize that page 3 is the last page and fold. I
understand that's where the "mark" comes in that gets put on the last page -
so that the machine reads that mark and knows when to fold on the documents
that vary in pages.