Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
jtrimb jtrimb is offline

Default how do I print 3 copies of page 1 in a 3 page mail merge?

I want to print 3 copies of page 1 and 2 in a 3 page word document, that I am
using mail merge to create. How do I go about this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
macropod macropod is offline

Hi jtrimb,

You could bookmark the 1st & 2nd pages, then use REF fields to replicate
them, either before or after your 3rd page. Of course, this results in your
document actually having sets of the 1st & 2nd pages.

Another way would be to use a macro to control the document's printing, but
that would only work reliably if the macro was embedded in your merged
document and it intercepted the standard Print process.

Alternatively, if you're using a postscript printer, you could embed PRINT
fields in your document to control the number of copies. For example, the
following field will force the printing of 3 copies of all pages starting
with the page the field is on:
{PRINT \p page "/#copies 3 def"}
Put that field on your document's first page of your mailmerge template and
that'll get the 3 copies going. For your last page, simply put:
{PRINT \p page "/#copies 1 def"}
anywhere on that page.

Note that the field braces (i.e. '{ }') must be created in pairs via
Ctrl-F9.

Cheers

--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"jtrimb" wrote in message
I want to print 3 copies of page 1 and 2 in a 3 page word document, that I

am
using mail merge to create. How do I go about this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

If the mailmerge main document is one page that you are merging with three
records, then execute the merge to a new document and in the FilePrint
dialog enter s1-s2 in the Pages control and 3 in the copies control.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP