Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Sahaja

Default How many text boxes can be inserted into a document?

I was unable to finish a document in the past because I reached the maximum
number of text boxes that could be inserted. What is the new "limit" in Word
2003.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman

Sahaja wrote:
I was unable to finish a document in the past because I reached the
maximum number of text boxes that could be inserted. What is the new
"limit" in Word 2003.

The article "Operating parameter limitations and specifications in Word"
(http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=211489) doesn't list any maximum number
of text boxes (or graphic objects, of which text boxes are one type).

I've never heard of any such limit in any version. Do you remember how many
were in your previous document, and how you know that it hit a limit on text
boxes (as opposed to, say, a limit on memory or a limit on file size)?

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

There is a limit of 32 *linked* text boxes, but anyone trying to create a
document with linked text boxes is using the wrong application. This is a
job that calls for Publisher (or "Book fold").

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
Sahaja wrote:
I was unable to finish a document in the past because I reached the
maximum number of text boxes that could be inserted. What is the new
"limit" in Word 2003.

The article "Operating parameter limitations and specifications in Word"
(http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=211489) doesn't list any maximum

number
of text boxes (or graphic objects, of which text boxes are one type).

I've never heard of any such limit in any version. Do you remember how

many
were in your previous document, and how you know that it hit a limit on

text
boxes (as opposed to, say, a limit on memory or a limit on file size)?

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Sahaja

Thanks Suzanne and Jay. Yes. I need a desktop publishing program. I'm
trying to do that. I was just hoping the envioroment had improved in Word
2003 from Office 97. Oh, well.
Carolyn